Support & Resources for Caregivers
The stress of caring for a hospitalized family member or friend can be physically and emotionally exhausting. Overlook Medical Center's Thomas Glasser Caregivers Center, the first of its kind in the state of New Jersey, offers a soothing environment where caregivers can relax, receive support and access helpful resources.
The center features:
- Quiet areas for privacy and personal conversations
- Computers for Internet access and research
- Telephones, copy and fax machines
- Kitchenette for beverages and snacks
- A resource library
- Massage chairs Massages, Reiki and healing touch provided by licensed therapists
- Pet therapy
In addition, visitors can receive counseling and support from trained staff members, as well as learn about support groups, classes and lectures for caregivers.
The Caregiver Center is located just beyond the information desk and lobby waiting area at Overlook Medical Center – please visit and take advantage of our services.
Overlook Medical Center
Thomas Glasser Caregivers Center