Occupational therapy is used to help those who are recovering from injury or illness regain the functional abilities necessary for daily life and independence, such as grooming and dressing. At Atlantic Rehabilitation, this service is often prescribed for patients following orthopedic, cardiac and breast surgeries, as well as after strokes, amputations, and traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
Our occupational therapists provide instruction in how to easily accomplish tasks in new ways, often using special equipment, as well as how to make living environments safer. This helps protect vulnerable joints, prevent further injury and conserve energy.
Occupational Therapy Services
- Range of motion and strengthening activities
- Education in self-care and wellness
- Fine motor and gross motor coordination retraining
- Static and dynamic splinting
- Fracture bracing
- Wound care and scar management
- Edema, or fluid, control
- Sensory re-education
- Computerized work simulator
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Electrical stimulation
- Paraffin therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Fluidotherapy® dry heat therapy
Hackettstown Medical Center
651 Willow Grove Street
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
- Monday through Thursday, 7:45am to 7:00pm, and Friday, 7:00am to 4:30pm.
- 651 Willow Grove Street
Newton Medical Center
111 Madison Avenue – Morristown
Atlantic Sports Health Physical Therapy
111 Madison Avenue
First Floor, Suite 110
Morristown, NJ 07960
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 7:00am to 7:30pm, and Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00am to 7:30pm.
- Fax: 973-290-7219
- 111 Madison Avenue
Atlantic Health Pavilion – Pompton Plains
Atlantic Rehabilitation – Cedar Knolls
Atlantic Rehabilitation – New Providence
Bridgewater Physical and Occupational Therapy
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Post-Breast Reconstructive Therapy
Our services are designed to improve the comfort and quality of life for women who have had a mastectomy or breast reconstructive surgery.