Melanoma is the most serious form of skin cancer and is the leading cause of death among skin diseases. Risk factors includes fair skin, spending long periods of time in strong sunlight, one or more severe sunburns as a child, and tanning devices.
Those with an abnormally shaped mole, lump or growth that they suspect may be skin cancer, can turn to the Atlantic Health System Cancer Care for expert diagnosis and treatment.
Melanoma Care Team
Depending on the patient’s type and stage of cancer, the melanoma care team may include:
- Surgical oncologists who are skilled in the latest techniques for treating invasive and non-invasive melanoma
- Specialists in pathology and dermatopathology with extensive experience diagnosing skin cancers
- Medical oncology specialists
- Reconstructive or plastic surgeons who help restore function and appearance post-surgery, if necessary
- Oncology nurses with specialized training in cancer care
- A nutrition expert who assists with diet and nutrition during treatment
- A genetic specialist who identifies patients at risk for inherited cancers
Types of Skin Cancer Treated
In addition to melanoma, we treat common types of skin cancers, like squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma, as well as rarer conditions, such as:
- Advanced or metastatic squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma
- Apocrine carcinoma
- Cutaneous leiomyosarcoma
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Ocular and mucous membrane melanoma
- Paget’s and extramammary Paget’s disease
- Sebaceous carcinoma
Skin Cancer Screenings and Prevention
We are dedicated to public health education and prevention and offers skin cancer screenings and lectures to help people learn the causes and symptoms of melanoma and other skin cancers.
Melanoma services may vary by location. Please confirm when booking an appointment.
Chilton Medical Center
The Collins Pavilion
97 West Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
- The Collins Pavilion
Hackettstown Medical Center
Morristown Medical Center
Overlook Medical Center
Request More Information
Please use the form to request more information.
All fields are required.
Please note that this form is for North American residents only.
Additional Cancer Services
- Learning About Cancer
- Cancer Center Research
- Survivorship and Post Treatment
- Cancer Center Physician Directory
- Resource Navigators
- Cancer Support Services
- Cancer Center Patient Stories
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Cancer Genetic Counseling & Screening
- Financial Options for Preventive Health Services