While many wounds heal naturally, each year approximately two million Americans suffer from chronic wounds that heal too slowly, or not all. Left untreated, chronic wounds can cause pain, and could require lengthy hospitalizations and in some cases, amputation.
You may be at risk for poor healing if you have diabetes, poor circulation, or if you are a smoker. The Wound Healing Center at Newton Medical Center is committed to providing expert wound healing options. Our team of experts consists of a multidisciplinary group of physicians, experienced wound care clinicians and technicians dedicated to seeking healing options for your wounds; use the latest treatments available to accelerate healing.
Our Wound Healing Center features:
- A team approach and partnership with your primary care physician
- Physician evaluations by a wound specialist
- Wound care certified nurses
- Access to advanced diagnostic services
- Minor surgical procedures to eliminate unhealthy tissue
- Collaboration with vascular and general surgeons
- Coordination of care with home care agencies for wound dressing changes
- Pre- and postoperative family education and counseling for ostomy patients
- Evaluation of stomas and appliance recommendations
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy