Morristown Medical Center welcomes visitors. Your presence can help improve patient morale and aid in recovery. Please remember, however, that rest and quiet are essential for the patient's well-being.
- Visitors are limited to two people at a time to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our patients, and to ensure a restful environment.
- Visitors are welcome and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
- Most adult units do not permit child visitors under the age of 12. Please check with the staff at the specific unit for guidelines. In the event that a child is allowed visitation, he or she must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Anyone who has been exposed to a communicable disease should not visit.
- Morristown Medical Center is a smoke-free hospital.
- Please use the public restrooms located on each patient floor rather than the patient’s bathroom.
- Please do not bring fresh flowers or live plants to patients in the Oncology Patient Care Unit (Simon 5), Intensive Care Unit, Critical Care Unit, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit or Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Latex balloons are not permitted in the hospital.
- To protect patients’ privacy and minimize noise, please restrict your cell phone use to waiting rooms and common areas such as the cafeteria, lobby and meeting rooms. Use of the camera feature on cell phones is prohibited.
- As a courtesy to patients, please do not sit on their beds.
- You may be requested to leave a patient’s room during an examination. A nurse will indicate when you may return.
- In some cases, visitors may be permitted to stay overnight in the patient's room. Exceptions do apply, so please contact the specific unit for guidelines.
- In case of a fire, visitors should remain where they are until they receive instructions from the hospital staff and fire department personnel. Do not use the elevators.
Learn about Morristown Medical Center's visiting hours >