For more than a century, Morristown Medical Center has provided Morris County and surrounding areas with expert, compassionate medical care in a full range of specialties, delivered in family-friendly, state-of-the-art facilities.
Creating a healing and restful experience for our patients is a priority for all of our medical staff. We want our patients to have the most restorative and informative stays before returning home.
During your stay, doctors, nurses, and staff will treat you and your family as partners in your care. One important way for you to be involved is to speak up. Ask questions, voice your concerns, and don’t be afraid to raise any issues relating not only to your care and treatment, but also to overall hospital services. Many patients report that keeping a pad and pen by your bed is a terrific way to jot down questions as they arise.
Whatever your medical needs – from routine annual tests to emergency care – the award-winning medical professionals at Morristown Medical Center are here for you and your loved ones. Our hospital is recognized for a broad array of exceptional services and medical technology:
- U.S. News & World Report named us Best Hospital in two specialties: cardiology & heart surgery and orthopedics, and Best Regional Hospital in seven specialties: gastroenterology & GI surgery, geriatrics, gynecology, nephrology, neurology & neurosurgery, pulmonology and urology.
- We were recognized as "Hospital of the Year" for the 2013 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes Awards.
- Morristown Medical Center is recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet® Hospital for excellence in nursing and patient care.
- Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute’s cardiac surgery program is the largest in the state of New Jersey.
- Atlantic Neuroscience Institute’s Stroke Center at Morristown Medical is the only accredited stroke trauma center in Morris County.
- Our maternity center features 54 private rooms in which mothers and babies can stay together at all times.
- Sick and premature infants receive the most advanced treatments available at our Level III Regional Perinatal Center.
- More than 100 pediatric specialists staff the nurturing, child-focused Goryeb Children’s Hospital.
- Carol G. Simon Cancer Center has received Three-Year Approval with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- Morristown Medical Center has been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from The Joint Commission, achieving Disease-Specific Care Certifications for its joint replacement programs in the hip and knee categories, and for its Spine Program for cervical and lumbar spine treatments.
- The American College of Surgeons has verified our trauma facility a Level I Regional Trauma Center.
- We have received the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses in the following areas:
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) - gold
- Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - gold
- Coronary Care Unit - silver
- Cardiac Unit - silver
- We are the official hospital partner of the New York Jets and offer a comprehensive sports medicine program.
Providing an exceptional patient experience is part of the healing culture that Atlantic Health System seeks to offer for all. We strive to provide both superior clinical care and the caring, compassionate service that our patients deserve. From your arrival to your discharge, we are working with you to make your stay a comfortable and successful one.